Thursday, January 24, 2013

The good, the sad and the hopeful!

It's well past the beginning of 2013, and yet the year seems both old and hardly begun.  I had a great festive period, spending time with the family and catching up with old friends, but one person was never far from my mind.  Tanya, from FusionMuse, who was diagnosed with a rare and terrible form of leukaemia late last year.  Her postings on Facebook had become fewer and farther apart, and yet despite her illness, she looked after those she cared about.  She set up a fantastic group on Facebook, bringing together the people who she knew and loved, but may not have known each other, and through this action, when the inevitable and tragic event of her death occurred, we had people who felt the same way and were able to support each other.
Alicia Marinache from All Pretty Things has started a blog event for those of us who were touched by the light that was Tanya, click the link for details...

I would love to share my hopes for 2013 with you all.  I hope we all achieve that which we most desire, and that we all live in love and light.  I hope that we find light in the dark, and aspire to be the best we can be.  I hope that we continue to find good friends, good times and good fortune, but above all else, that each and every one of us gets what we truly deserve from life, whatever that may be, whatever fate has in store for us.  If Tanya taught me anything, it is that no matter what is around the corner, we should live as if any moment might be the one that people remember us for, care for others, and as clichéd as it sounds, live as though every moment is your last.  Don't accept second best, don't take life for granted and certainly don't be a doormat - those of you who know me best will know that for me, this is a hard-learned and on-going lesson in life! Until next time...xxx


 

3 comments:

  1. your pieces are beautiful! Stopping by visiting all the blogs taking part in the bead soup cant wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tribute to Tanya, wonderful deign, I love all them. " Love and hugs"

    ReplyDelete