Saturday, August 25, 2012

PARTY ON BLOG-HOPPERS!!!



Well, the day has come at last!  Bead Soup Blog Party 6 has reached it's climax here at the third reveal - and I am sending a massive CONGRATULATIONS!!! to Lori Andersen for organising such a massive and fabulous event, with the largest ever party!  Click the link to Lori's blog to find out how many of us played along and for details of the participants of each reveal!

I was lucky enough to be partnered with Gail Vanderster-Zwang, a wonderful lady with a big heart and a fantastic taste in soup!  Here's a wee reminder of the amazing array of sparkly gorgeousness she sent me...

How lucky was I?!  The soup was a pleasure to work with and took me in directions I enjoyed travelling in.  I have three completed pieces to share with you, but firstly I want to show you the fourth piece which remains a work-in-progress - I have had a LOT on my plate this past few weeks, and so I began this particular piece in order to remind myself where I was going with the piece, but knowing this one wouldn't be complete in time for the reveal - I will blog once it is finished...but here is 'Tidal Treasures' as she stands so far - she will eventually be a long rope necklace, and I used yummy hex beads, sparkly wee delica beads and the amazing Czech glass button/drops from the soup, adding triangle beads in soft sandy pink and ice blue bugles from my own stash...the colours remind me of treasure hunting on the beach, seeking out sea glass and pretty pebbles...

Onto serving number two.  Those who know me well know that I have a desire to be glamorous and exciting, traits I aimed to represent in my first finished piece 'Nouveau Romantica' - a concoction of amazing delica beads, Swarovski rivoli crystals and rocailles from my stash and lashings of yummy tri-cut beads and some awesome antique gold stamped flowers from the soup, along with the stunning bronze and copper hued Chinese crystals.  It is my first go at designing a piece including rivolis and making a choker style with a long front piece - hope you like it as much as I do!

Serving number three is the piece using the focal pendant and clasp from the soup.  The utterly amazing Ocean Jasper donut needed sympathetic treatment to avoid overpowering it, but it is full of the most joyful colours, I was smitten!  After three failed attempts, a bezel setting was created which fitted! I used seed beads, drop beads and delicas to create the bezel, and embellished it with a sprinkling of the jewel coloured Czech glass flowers - and then I panicked.  What kind of thing should it hang from?  I didn't want to make a beaded rope or chain in case it detracted from the focal, so I picked out the very neutral black and grey and made a simple neck-thong of suede and leather, adding a couple of textured copper washers to attach the clasp too.  This piece I think is my favourite, elegant yet casual and as you can see from the close up photo, a beautiful lady has worked her way into the jasper - so here is 'Flora Goddess'

Finally - I woke up at 5am this morning with an idea for a bracelet in my head.  Remember those luscious square pink freshwater pearls and the sweet little frosted rondelles?!  Well...I mixed them into some leftover soup from a previous recipe swap and made 'Carnivale', a five stranded bracelet featuring seed beads, Czech crystal, shell, semi-precious and artisan ceramic beads, and added one of the oh-so-cute Hello Kitty charms from the soup.

Well, that's all from me!  I hope you have enjoyed my reveal, and would love to know what you think of my soups!  Please don't forget to visit http://www.prettythingsblog.com/ to find the list of all this BSBP's participants and have a happy hop checking out some of the most inspirational artists I have had the pleasure of meeting...
Dee
x




55 comments:

  1. YOu got a gorgeous bead soup indeed and you rocked it! Beautiful creations, I love your necklaces! The one with the blue rivolis is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nouveau Romantica is a work of genius, well done you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the donut piece. All very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is amazing. It must have taken you hours. A real labour of love. I am in awe. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pieces. Can't wait to see your first piece finished. I love that second piece with the long dangle/focal. And the beading around the jasper donut is wonderful. I've never tried any beading like that, it overwhelms me when I look at it. Your bracelet is soooo cute, too. Very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dee, I'm cracking up that you just got up at 5 am and made something for today's reveal! What an awesome designer you are! You know how much your first piece appeals to the 'blinginess' in all of us, right? What a stunning design.
    I love what you did with the bezeled donut, I'd love to know how you figured it out. You did your partner very proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your pieces.So beautiful.Love and hugs Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Dee, you have outdone yourself! (I almost swore then...) Gorgeous! I look forward to seeing the completed Tidal Treasures too. Damn girl, you're good.... :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, quite the statement pieces, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exquisiteness! Love your designs. Another uber talented beader!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the donut bezel! I'd love to know how you did that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I'm in love with your 3rd serving! It's got an antique yet current look about it. I don't know how to say it other than it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I saw your first piece I liked it, but your second piece is AWESOME!! You showed your design skills by not overpowering that wonderful focal. A+. And you did something else just hours before revealing. kool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your necklaces are stunning!! Bead weavers always impress me, but your work is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your creations are positively beautiful!! Your beadwork is stunning! Nice job on your bead soup...love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my goodness, your beadwork is amazing! these pieces must have taken so much time!! i love the victorian feel they possess. gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done! That choker is wonderful, I would love to have an event to wear it to and have it to wear:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job!
    I love the necklace with Jasper donut!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the second piece! Definitely glamorous with a OOAK attitude. Love it! And the third piece is cool and chic. Love the using of leather suede with sead beading! NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very gorgeous, great designs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your seed bead weaving is beautiful! All of the designs are lovely, but I can't wait to see the finished Tidal Treasures piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful seed bead work! I admire!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous seed beading - wish I had the eye sight for it.
    All are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautiful beading technique =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful seed bead work on that first piece!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the necklace with the beaded bezel - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow - great work! Love the design you created for that ocean jasper donut! And your banner is adorable, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think you do beautiful work. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG! What great work. I love the second necklace but is something that I would have no occasion to wear. That third necklace however I could wear anytime. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great designs and execution and the seed beading makes it all even better.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely stunning work! Your seed bead work is impeccable and I love the colors. Thanks so much for coming to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I woke up with a bracelet design for one of my pieces too! Ha. Doesn't that always work out so splendidly?

    My favorite, though, is that first necklace. There's something about those three tiers and the blue that just call out to me.

    All of your pieces are just wonderful though.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your pieces are all so beautiful! I love the noveau romantica piece, definitely an incredible choker! Perfect for a deliciously formal grown up affair. The second piece with the jasper is wonderful, I love how you used the suede cord, sets it off without taking over :) And the bracelet is so fun! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow, this was a huge of work! the blue embroidered necklace is outstanding! and i also love that bracelet.. so warm colors.
    greets
    jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  35. All of your jewelry is gorgeous. Love, love love the cobalt blue piece that you did.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great soup and you did wonderful with it, used it to its fullest!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow, the bead work is amazing, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the bracelet! The colors you put together to make it are just fabu! And Hello Kitty is always a nice addition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the bracelet! The colors you put together to make it are just fabu! And Hello Kitty is always a nice addition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful!
    Have just found your lovely blog and am now following! So nice to meet you!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too Anne, your blog is lovely too! x

      Delete
  41. Oh what stunning pieces you have made! I love the beadwork in the first couple of pieces and the bracelet is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Dee, YOU ARE AMAZING! My favorite piece is the donut, I want one for myself! You did great working with rivolis for the first time! But, still can't get past the donut! :) You were an awesome partner, I hope we cross paths again, would love to bead with you in person some day! Hugs! gv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - the beads were so inspirational in their own right, the pieces pretty much fell into place! I love how this party makes such great friends...x

      Delete
  43. What fab soup.. the bracelet is my favorite..great job

    ReplyDelete