Saturday, April 14, 2012

Flap Your Wings - Reveal Day

Well, it's been a hectic holidays here and I have just managed this by the skin of my teeth, after a frantic morning of nothing quite working out how I wanted it to!










I decided to use the theme of wings quite literally, and used wire to create my version of wings, with a beautiful amazonite cabochon wrapped and suspended from the centre.  With such an ornate centrepiece, I chose plain pale green leather to hang the centrepiece from, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out - especially the tiny Swarovski crystals and amazonite rounds wrapped across the top...

I hope you all like it, and think it is a fitting tribute for Judy, I certainly believe my uncles would love it!

Until next time...

Dee


The auction for this piece is now up and running at Cherry Obsidia on Facebook

20 comments:

  1. Oh that is pretty! The stone is just glorious and absolutely perfect :) Your 'do-it-yourself-wings' are getting my creative wheels spinning with ideas, though >.< Darn it... got other stuff to work on first! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you play! Thank you for your lovely comment...x

      Delete
  2. Genius!! Seriously, I can't think of anything else to describe your necklace! Thank you so much for joining in on the challenge!! I am fascinated with this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Necklace looks beautiful. The cabochon is like a beacon of light amongst golden wings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone would be proud to have this dreamy creation on their neck. Breath taking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work! The wings look so pretty and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and totally unique! I love the effect of wings you have created here - a magical effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great piece - I love the wings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pressure makes diamonds... as my brother likes to tell me when I'm up against a deadline! You created such a stunning "diamond"! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you've created lovely wings, but the way you did it gave it such a light airy feeling. It's a great piece and I'm glad you are donating to a cause close to your heart. If only we could all be like your uncle when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! that is stunning. So delicate and feminine. I absolutely love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wings turned out beautifully! Your necklace is a lovely tribute to Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, that is such a wonderful design! I love you you created those wings!!! Brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a lovely piece! Love the focal and the wings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, so lovely - not sure how I managed to miss your blog that hop day... The whole necklace is a beauty and I love your wire work!

    ReplyDelete