Friday, March 30, 2012

Flap Your Wings

The spring holidays have finally arrived for me, after a difficult term at work.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to grab some down-time, but I am still planning on some creating. As some of you know, I have lost beloved family members to the awful disease cancer, and recently discovered a fellow (and very talented) beader, Judy Glende, recently lost her battle with this atrocious illness.  I have elected to join in the 'Flap Your Wings' blog hop, a challenge to create a piece of jewellery using the title as a bouncing point, and I am very excited to be creating something for this challenge.  I hope to create a piece which is both beautiful and thought provoking, and after the reveal on 14th April, I will auction the piece on my facebook page and donate the proceeds to Dzogchen Beara Meditation Retreat Centre, a Buddhist centre in Ireland where my uncle spent many happy times and learned skills which helped him make peace with the life he was given and prepare himself for its end...  The centre provides rest and respite for many seriously ill people and their families, and I know that without the support received from the centre, my uncle would have found his illness far more unbearable, and the family would have done too.  He told us all not to cry for him, as he was happy to continue his onwards journey wherever it took him...and I didn't cry for him at all...but I may have had a few tears for myself.


Love and peace...xxx

1 comment:

  1. you have written a touching post and have created a beautiful piece!! thank you!

    ReplyDelete