Monday, February 13, 2012

Bead Soup Blog Party - bead swap revealed!

Hey folks!


I am super excited for two reasons.  Firstly, it is half term, which means I have the week off work.  Secondly, a week off means I have time to get my creative juices going, and what better way than to get cracking on designing something fabulous with the beads sent to me by my bead soup partner!?
Gorgeous soft greens and vivid blues lend this soup a beautiful watery feel, the little glass discs have a beautiful iridescence, and the clasp sparkles like the sun hitting ripples on a pond...  I'm inspired by the mysterious side too, the deeper turquoise/blue shades suggest a deep pool...!  Anyways, I haven't a clue what my final creation will turn out like, but I can't wait to get started!
See what I sent Jo, my swap partner, here!

So, I shall depart here, off to drink coffee and carry on with my current project, a seed and berry bead creation designed by the very talented Norma Jean Dell; a necklace called Lenten Rose which I am testing for her.  I'm happy with my progress so far, but sure the trickiest bit may be to come!  Photo below is the first two completed flower units...

See you next time!
xxx

2 comments: