Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I'm still alive...and creating!

Created using freshwater pearls from SilverSenseLondon.  Check out how they glow!
I have had a really busy 2011so far!  I graduated from University with an Upper Second Class honours degree, which was fantastic.  It took a lot of hard work, which meant I was less able to crack on creatively and for a wee while I lost my way!  I am pleased to announce I am back with my mojo all on fire, partly thanks to Rossi at SilverSenseLondon who sent me a bunch of gorgeous beads from her high quality range, hit the link to see some sparkly lusciousness!
Czech glass flowers and 'melon' beads


Czech glass flowers and microfaceted blue agate


Czech flower beads and freshwater pearls
Along side gorgeous semi precious stones and luminescent freshwater pearls, SilverSenseLondon also stock an enviable range of high end Czech pressed glass beads in an astounding variety of finishes, and some unique plated brushed metal findings, I created the above three cluster pendants using a mixture of beads and large silver-plated brushed washers.  Simple but striking!


OF COURSE.....I am still using the torch and making beads...above and below are my Halloween offerings for this year, 'My Heart Lies Bleeding' (above) and 'Black Winged Skullie' (below).  I have great fun with sculptural and one-off beads.  These are some of my first beads since my school term began again in September...as the days get shorter here in the UK, evening torch time just doesn't happen!




Hot on the heels of Halloween, here's a couple of my Christmas offerings.  Lentil beads make great focal pendants, and also great snowmen!  I plan on offering these for sale through my facebook page in three sizes, small (18mm), medium (21mm) and large (24mm) in a variety of coloured santa hats and noses...
Below is a very special fishie, lovingly created especially for auction on my facebook page throughout November.  Alongside other special one-off auctions of pieces made for Making Jewellery magazine articles throughout the year, keep an eye on the page for more information!


Thanks for sticking with me guys, will try and write more regularly, but you know how it is...life has a way of taking over!  I definitely would urge any fellow makers to check out SilverSenseLondon, and of course myself! :D

1 comment: