Monday, February 7, 2011

2011, let's start over!

Well, 2011 has been a bad year so far. Not too much detail coming, but my beloved uncle David Francis passed away early in the year, at a too young age. A neighbour of mine also passed away just a few days earlier. I had a bit of a brain splat and have been off work for four weeks, finding things too much again. I am returning to work tomorrow, feeling more positive about it than I expected, was meant to go back today BUT a migraine hit in the early hours, feel so bad about that, was all geared up!

So, I've decided that February is the new January. I am going to start the year over, and I have BIG plans! My OU degree courses will finish in May, and as long as I pass them both I will have my degree. It will free up a lot of time, so I intend to make the most of it. Once the warmer weather comes I will get out and about more with the kids, lots of walks and visiting new places. I'm going to focus more on the bead making, and worry less about not selling much jewellery. I want to learn to work more with metals, I think it will be far more cost efficient to make my own findings and spacer beads etc. I plan to work hard at making a name for myself.

I would love to know if you have any special plans or wishes for this New Year, please comment below and let me know what you intend to achieve or quit this year. My quit list is: lose weight, drink less, and quit worrying about other peoples opinion of me and mine!

Dee
x

2 comments:

  1. Dee,you should never ever worry about other people's opinions of you, you are a talented, clever, thoughtful, caring and beautiful girl and I love you very very much! As for your quit list, don't worry about those things, when you are satisfied with the way your life is going those things will happen naturally, just enjoy life as much as you can and be very grateful for what you have. I love you! Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to make a name for myself too. Time for me to remember that learning different jewellery techniques is a good thing, but to remember to bring them back to my own style of making things too and not get stuck in a rut.

    Good luck!

    Sarah/Pookledo

    ReplyDelete